10 Shih Tzu Breed Facts

Page 2 of 5
3. All the modern Shih Tzu today can be traced back to 14 original Shih Tzu adopted by General Douglas and Lady Bownright in England. The couple saved the Shih Tzu from extinction and brought 14 of them in the UK, where they gained popularity all over Europe.
4. The Shih Tzu popularity in the United States is caused by World War II and the soldiers coming home from war from European theater. They brought some Shih Tzu back in the US with them, thus leading to the spread of the breed.
Back
Continue

You may also like...

Comments

11 Responses

1. Teea says:

I have 2 Shih-Tzu’s I love them. And would definitely get another one if something happens to my girls.

2. Thank you for the information on Shih Tzu breed. It is always good to learn more about these adorable dogs. LOVE your pictures! Please visit Sashi and me. Sashi has here very own story in, Who Rescued Who? Sashi’s Story that has just come out.

3. Rob says:

Paris Chanelle has been the light of our lives ever seen coming into our home!

4. Linda says:

Shih Tzu’s seem to be a breed when you can’t just have one. I’ve got a 3 yr old brother (Max) and sister (Mona) pair. Each has their own personality. Some of the things they do I’d like to throttle them I keep hoping they’ll out grow the peeing on the floor (even though they know how to go outside), the barking and not being quiet when told or just being down right stubborn sometimes. Just like Max outgrew being car sick. Overall as I put it…shemy (I know it’s spelled incorrectly but that’s the way I intentionally say it) girl and hemy boy. Wouldn’t trade either for love nor money. What the heck I must do things that drives them crazy too.

5. Pey says:

I love my 2shih tzu they are Taco & Rocky

6. Carol says:

I am onto my 3rd shih tzu, having two before that lived until they were 19 years old. I cant make up my mind whether to get another 1 for company for Harley, but I find that having only 1, they seem to be more obedient, and join in with me in activities etc, whereas before having the 2 together, they were loyal to each other, and not to me. I think other shih tzu owners would understand what I mean. But in saying that, I will never get another breed of dog ever, I just adore and love shih tzu’s.

7. Sharyn Amberger says:

I have a 3 year old Shih Tzu, named Juliette, she rules in a gentle way and takes such good care of us. I will post photos of her in the future.

8. Rosie says:

Carol… I started out with 3 Shih Tzu puppies two males 4 months and one 5 month old female, all from different litters from the same breeder. It did not take me long to find I could not handle the three of them. Dear friends bought the youngest male who was the most active from me.
    My two have been so adorable giving lots of love and cuddles to me. They helped me get through rough times, helping me to heal.
    This year we had a planned breeding, they blessed me with 7 beautiful healthy babies 2 gurls and 5 boys. Six have forever families who love and adore them, I have one male left the pick of the litter, he’s the tiny one. He’s so much fun giving lots of love, licking kisses and cuddles.

9. Patty says:

I have a male 8 month old shih tzu named Bamm Bamm. He is the love of my life. Stubborn but he is my buddy. Rings bell to go potty and loves cat rides…spoiled but deserves to be!!

10. Patty says:

Car rides

11. Gern blanston says:

My shih tzu terrorizes our neighbors cat, knocked up the Saint Bernard down the street and often holds us at knifepoint. And I’m pretty sure he is part of a stolen credit card ring. Beware of this criminal breed.