5 Tips for Grooming Shih Tzu

Page 1 of 5
1 . Start young
As soon as you get your puppy or dog, gear him up to your rules in grooming. Allow him to get accustomed to your holding his face, paws and abdomen. Do not force the dog to letting you touch him as this may lead to an accident. Focus especially on the paws as these are the most crucial parts where an uncomfortable dog can easily bite you or pull away from you. Most dogs are not comfortable when you suddenly touch them, so make sure your pet knows you can be trusted.

Continue

You may also like...

Comments

6 Responses

1. Bessie says:

I would love to know HOW to groom 2 older ones who hate baths anything to do with grooming they will not let us do anything with them they look like floor mats 🙁 please help

2. Ann says:

How to cut your dog hair

3. Elizabeth says:

My shih-Tzu is 7 yrs old, and he doesn’t mind a bath, its the grooming and cutting of his hair that he will not let me do, or touch his front paws. I have to take him to the vet, and they sedate him, but he is fine afterwards. I took him to a groomer, and he pitched such a fit the groomer would not even try to groom him, so I have no other choice but let the vet do it.

4. Dorothy Boeving says:

What blade # works well for the back and sides? Thanks for any help or advice. I can use an Oster clipper.

5. Sue Every Harris says:

I have 2 female shih-tzu’s got them when they were puppies I started brushing and combing them right away and also handle their paws,ears,body,etc. They r now 3 years old and when they started going to their groomer when they were a year old she could not believe how calm they were and how she could handle them with ease on grooming. So what you are reading on here is true. Handle and work with them as soon as you bring them home
    It also helps the vets. Our dogs has a holistic vet and a regular vet and my babies let them treat them with ease.

6. Pamala sullivan says: